Shishi-Rendan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Gucci Taschen
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm by cangliang

» Gucci Handtaschen
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm by cangliang

» gucci neuen Handtaschen verkaufen
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:33 pm by cangliang

» ]Gucci Kappe
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 am by cangliang

» Gucci Handtaschen 2012
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 am by cangliang

» Gucci Kappen für Frauen
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:04 am by cangliang

» Louboutin boot cheap
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 pm by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Cheap
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm by cangliang

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 398 registered users
The newest registered user is snobbishgem54

Our users have posted a total of 9452 messages in 358 subjects

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

+6
Wayll
JC
Isley
Mr. Mister
decoy logan
Ichipoo
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Post by kakashirinobito Wed May 26, 2010 11:34 pm

And also I must confess,I never,EVER been able to save Meryl,I'm
just terrible at mashing button/s ,so no matter what I always get
semi-gay ending with Otacon.

How about Solidus' torture? lol.
kakashirinobito
kakashirinobito

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Post by Allen_ST Thu May 27, 2010 1:18 am

Of course I made that one!(barely,lol),I wouldn't have finished MGS2.

Though,I replayed it in hard and went all the way to an abrupt end there.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Thu May 27, 2010 2:54 am

I beat the torture my first play through

but each subsequent one I just submit instantly

Part because I find snake going I GIVE UP as soon as it starts hilarious, and part because fuck Meryl bros before hoes lets ride Otacon

and portable ops was bad.

it had a retarded control scheme and annoying ambiguous disguise rules.(despite this being one of the core elements of the game)

Not to mention the goofy level design. Their idea of scaling difficulty is to GIVE EVERY GUARD AN RPG in the 2nd to last stage and send you on some faggy frequency code hunt to unlock doors on the last one

and don't get me started on the inventory system. 4 item slots period. Need more bullets for your gun THATS A FUCKING ITEM SLOT.

I could go on and on forever about why Portable Ops was a bad game since I just played it a few months ago and the experience is still fresh in my mind, but I'll save you guys the trouble

fuck portable ops. The only non kojima directed metal gear worth playing is Ghost Babel

and I'm playing the subsitence versions btw(@ metal gear games)
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

http://hulkhoganisthegay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Thu May 27, 2010 3:00 am

I'm convinced the Solidus torture on higher difficulties is impossible without some turbo tool btw.

I'm glad MGS3 had an easy cheat system for it's torture scene.

Can't wait to see what Peace Walker's is like. I think that's the scene Kojima mentioned was omitted from the japanese version
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Thu May 27, 2010 4:42 am

Portable Ops wasn't Kojima directed?,wow,I guess I understand now why it was so different.

Well,I guess we just have a different opinion on this one,but I do admit that the bullets needing a slot thing and the Disguise thing,people finding out you weren't one of them even if you had the same uniform WTF?,were lame,but still,I find it to be a pretty decent MGS at the very least.

Mr. Mister wrote:I'm convinced the Solidus torture on higher difficulties is impossible without some turbo tool btw.

Lol,maybe,But I guess Im in no position to say since everyone I know went through the Ocelot torture easy and I still haven't been able to after 8 years or so.

Mr. Mister wrote:Can't wait to see what Peace Walker's is like. I think that's the scene Kojima mentioned was omitted from the japanese version

I doubt it,I don't think they'll make the torture scene more gruesome than how it already has been and the torture scene is waaay too crucial,the original version needs to have it,maybe is more like a scene of a massacre of soldiers or something like that.

Also,is the torture scene in MGS4 as "hell on earth" as people say?,I'm kinda nervous about that,lol.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Thu May 27, 2010 12:35 pm

people finding out you weren't one of them even if you had the same uniform WTF?

It was weird

The way it worked was like, disguises only worked on people in that same uniform for some reason. So if you were a soldier going into a building full of doctors, the doctors would flip out as soon as they spotted you.

also walking was a SUSPICIOUS ACTION. Which is weird since the game tells you to try and blend it. Walking immediately triggers alert when in front of someone(I guess since it's technically sneaking) while running around like a retard with a weapon no one else has is perfectly acceptable.

Another gay nuance was creating sound also negating your disguise. you walk(run) past a guy into another room and he doesn't acknowledge you at all. YOu walk into the next room(also a dead end ) and he hears your footsteps deciding to check it out. He comes in and sees you again but all of a sudden you're suspicious this time since your feet made noise and he sounds the alarm.

Game wasn't all bad though. I liked some of the things it did. I liked stalk being mapped to a button as opposed to being pressure sensitive, and the base management stuff I actually found pretty addicting for a while(I even enjoyed dragging to recruit. It was tedious but there was something rewarding about actually pulling it off) The game had alot of good ideas that were just executed poorly.

Holy shit I typed more than I wanted to again.

I doubt it,I don't think they'll make the torture scene more gruesome than how it already has been and the torture scene is waaay too crucial,the original version needs to have it,maybe is more like a scene of a massacre of soldiers or something like that.

Well it's not so much a "more gruesome than usual" thing so much as it is that the PO games are going for a lower ESRB rating. Which is why there are no knives, cigarettes or blood or anything.(I think I actually like the pixel feedback bubbles more though. At least on the PSP.)

To get that rating, Kojima said a scene "crucial to MGS" was cut from the japanese release. and people speculate from that line that it's the series staple torture scenes.

Also,is the torture scene in MGS4 as "hell on earth" as people say?,I'm kinda nervous about that,lol.

I don't want to spoil it for you

but if it's the scene I'm thinking of, it's not even a torture endurance sequence and you literally can't lose it(you have to actually try to die during it. and even when you do the game won't let you quit)
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Thu May 27, 2010 1:03 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Holy shit I typed more than I wanted to again.

That's just fine,I achieved my objective of making you say something good about the game!.lol.

Well it's not so much a "more gruesome than usual" thing so much as it is that the PO games are going for a lower ESRB rating. Which is why there are no knives, cigarettes or blood or anything.(I think I actually like the pixel feedback bubbles more though. At least on the PSP.)

To get that rating, Kojima said a scene "crucial to MGS" was cut from the japanese release. and people speculate from that line that it's the series staple torture scenes.

No knives?,damn,I didn't know that he exactly said "crucial to MGS",I thought it was "crucial to the plot",lol,I guess now that you say it like that it makes sense,but we'll have to wait and see.

I don't want to spoil it for you

but if it's the scene I'm thinking of, it's not even a torture endurance sequence and you literally can't lose it(you have to actually try to die during it. and even when you do the game won't let you quit)

Cool!,at the very least is not that hellish as people say,I would have died with something like the solidus torture,lol.

Talking about my experience with the MG games,I have a couple of things to say about each:

MG1:This one the NES version off course,I played it several years ago on some lame NES rip off console that my family bought me,The fucking game was really difficult, but the whole sneaking thing kinda caught me,also To this day I cannot see a dog in a MGS (or any game!) without having to shoot to kill,those fucking dogs....

MGS1:I actually turned of my PS1 when Manthys did the "HIDEO" thing for the first time,thinking I was going to put it back on.

Also, I remember that I played VR missions first,and seeing all those pretty vids about the game in the intro,and some in the internet I kept thinking "How the hell do you unlock that?",Until I bought the game,of course lol.

MGS2:I played this one after MGS3,because I bought MGS3 when I first got my PS2 back in 07',I remember seeing as how everything was similar,yet kinda primitive (not the tech,but the gameplay) compared to the smoothness of MGS3,and I remember having this massive and long facepalm at Raiden being naked,I mean,come on!.

MGS3:Back when I played this one I still didn't have the PS2 Memory card,so I kept playing as long as I could just to turn it off and restart again the next day,lol,but at least that made me a little better in the game,having to go to the same places over and over,I started finding all the items and stuff.

Probably my favorite scene in the entire game is when you take the ladder to get to the mountain and the Snake Eater song just starts playing all of the sudden,I don't know why but It felt sooo awesome.

So I'm missing MGS4,Ghost Babel,MG1 and MG2 (hope to play it with the subsistence game if I ever get it),and...the Acid games,anyone tried those?.

Also,sorry for the wall of text lol! .
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Thu May 27, 2010 2:06 pm

To this day I cannot see a dog in a MGS (or any game!) without having to shoot to kill,those fucking dogs....

Fucking this for real lol

Although my first dog experience was in MGS3. I heard barking and saw it charging me so I just spazzed out on it with a machine gun

As for MG1 I couldn't imagine playing it without a guide or something. the backtracking and unintuitive gameplay would drive me insane. I didn't grow up in the NES generation so I have no patience for shit like that

So I'm missing MGS4,Ghost Babel,MG1 and MG2 (hope to play it with the subsistence game if I ever get it),and...the Acid games,anyone tried those?.

VR Missions and the Ac!d games are the only ones I'm missing from my collection. I plan on purchasing a copy of VR mission on ebay when I have the spare cash. I'd like to play the AC!D games but not enough to hunt them down. I'll just hold out on hoping for a PSN release some day like PO
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Thu May 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Although my first dog experience was in MGS3. I heard barking and saw it charging me so I just spazzed out on it with a machine gun

As for MG1 I couldn't imagine playing it without a guide or something. the backtracking and unintuitive gameplay would drive me insane. I didn't grow up in the NES generation so I have no patience for shit like that

Lol!,just like that with machine gun huh?,I did went through it without a guide,but believe me,It was a hellish game,you just gotta have a lot fo patience and time to waste!,lol.

VR Missions and the Ac!d games are the only ones I'm missing from my collection. I plan on purchasing a copy of VR mission on ebay when I have the spare cash. I'd like to play the AC!D games but not enough to hunt them down. I'll just hold out on hoping for a PSN release some day like PO

Cool man,Acid is pretty different so I don't think is so necessary,but I still plan to get some day,also,did you hear of the MGS1 Integral version?,I think is JPN release only,but it kinda had some extras like an extra frequency with the developers or something like that,If I could get that,I probably would just for the comedy,lol.

Also,do you have the Twin Snakes game?,and if so,did you like it better than the original or you like the original better?.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Thu May 27, 2010 11:06 pm

If it didn't get a US release I don't care about it for my own sanity

I think integral was just VR missions + the game anyways.

and I do have twin snakes. As for which version is better I think TS gameplay has aged better(it's essentially MGS2) but if you aren't put off by the fact it plays like a 20 year old MSX title, I think the original is worth playing over it.

I did like some of the changes TS did to lessen the back tracking, but I think first person made the game waay too easy. and MGS1 was already really easy

Good luck finding TS these days though
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Fri May 28, 2010 12:34 am

What about the "cinematic" changes with the cutscenes?,I laughed out loud when he did that uber jump just to escape Ocelot's bullet,lol.

Also,I just read the gameplay section of Peace Walker in Wiki,and maybe I got it wrong,but now you can't crawl in the game?,why the hell they took out that?.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by kakashirinobito Fri May 28, 2010 8:35 am

What about the "cinematic" changes with the cutscenes?,I laughed out
loud when he did that uber jump just to escape Ocelot's bullet,lol.

I don't like the way it was changed in some scenes like when you had just defeated Raven's tank. In TS, they actually had Snake throw a
grenade inside the tank's cannon in some weird un-Snake like fashion and you can see Raven(or was it?) having a weird expression because of the grenade near his face. Then the tank explodes behind Snake like one of those power ranger explosion shit.

That was really really bad.

But I liked some too, like the fist fight of Snake and Liquid on top of Metal Gear. It had really a cinematic feel to it.

And yes, they took out crawling in the demo version. I dunno about the official release.
kakashirinobito
kakashirinobito

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Fri May 28, 2010 9:06 am

kakashirinobito wrote:grenade inside the tank's cannon in some weird un-Snake like fashion and you can see Raven(or was it?) having a weird expression because of the grenade near his face. Then the tank explodes behind Snake like one of those power ranger explosion shit.

LOL,holy shit,the cutscenes director really out due himself to take most seriousness out of the game.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Well actually the director originally had cutscenes that emulated the ones in the original, but when he submitted them to Kojima he was told to re-do them

They're goofy as hell but they're a fun experience I think. and I think alot of shit in MGS4 tops anything in TS so who cares about realism in MGS scenes anymore.

Also,I just read the gameplay section of Peace Walker in Wiki,and maybe I got it wrong,but now you can't crawl in the game?,why the hell they took out that?.

Peace Walker actually removes alot of options. You can't move while crawling, can't move while wall pressed, CQC has been heavily simplified etc.

I think alot of it is due to the control limitations, but I kind of think some of the options improve the pace of the game.
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Sat May 29, 2010 12:55 am

Well I can't say anything about the game till I actually play it,but the things they took out kinda worry me a little,wall pressing is just awesome on any MGS game,but we'll see I guess.

So MGS4 cutscenes top TS cutscenes?,lol shit,still looks awesome to play.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Allen_ST wrote:So MGS4 cutscenes top TS cutscenes?,lol shit,still looks awesome to play.

http://imraidenspinnaz.ytmnd.com/
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Sun May 30, 2010 1:15 am

LOL,holyyyy shit,I thought I saw everything after that TS cutscene and the Peace Walker music vid,MGS will never cease to amaze me.

Also,I wonder if Sokolov appears in Peace Walker,he's still alive right?.

EDIT:Game is out in the web bitches!!!!,It's really,REALLY good,but I kinda miss wall pressing movement,crawling,stealth walking with Triangle and..First person shooting,I guess I'm way too used to Portable Ops,lol,thank god there are choices for the controls at the beginning.

I wonder when do you get the Monster Hunter mission...
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Also,I wonder if Sokolov appears in Peace Walker,he's still alive right?.

That was one of the many dumb things PO did.

I'm like 90% sure he was supposed to have died in MGS3 but whatever.

I don't think he makes an appearance. I don't think anything in PO is referenced too heavily and for good reason.

Anyways I went to the store and sold some things(FF13. Good riddance) and put more credit down on my big boss pack. Picked up the guide too, which should come in handy for equipment development paths. Just been fingering through that all day.

Tomorrow's the day can't wait can't wait
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:25 pm

i dont care how old this is (aint reading the thread)
but this is hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFlr7pZQ8ok
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:07 pm

it's old and already been posted but thanks anyways
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:54 pm

I don't think he makes an appearance. I don't think anything in PO is referenced too heavily and for good reason.

Now that I been playing I don't think he will appear,but a little from PO is referenced,the game is canon after all.

Also,I just love how much bad spanish the game has,it kinda makes me feel right at home,lol.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Allen_ST wrote:Also,I just love how much bad spanish the game has,it kinda makes me feel right at home,lol.
Really you think so? I thought the spanish was pretty good, especially the accents, then again I don't speak spanish myself. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Page 3 Icon_lol

Anyway, not surprisingly enough, the American and European versions are patched. Still picking my copy of the game tomorrow though, Kojima needs his money so he can still be motivated to make games. (ZOE3)
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:26 pm

Sure,It's a nice try,but 60% of the spanish in the game is like bad pronunciation and bad use of some connectives.

It's not a bad thing though!,it kinda gives the whole game an "80's war movie cheesy feel",lol.

My favorite spanish part on the whole game though,has got to be:
Spoiler:

Ahhh,just a little to the east and at least a little part of the game could have been in my country!,but Colombia always gets the attention for their permanent guerrillas....oh wait,that's a bad thing,LOL.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Got my big boss pack and game finally went up on PSN

Playing with my brother atm.

Game is unsurprisingly really good. Mother base in practice works alot better than I imagined.

Great game so far
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:59 pm

I specially love the CQC evolution and the interactive cutscenes.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next