Shishi-Rendan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Gucci Taschen
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm by cangliang

» Gucci Handtaschen
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm by cangliang

» gucci neuen Handtaschen verkaufen
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:33 pm by cangliang

» ]Gucci Kappe
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 am by cangliang

» Gucci Handtaschen 2012
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 am by cangliang

» Gucci Kappen für Frauen
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:04 am by cangliang

» Louboutin boot cheap
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 pm by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Cheap
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm by cangliang

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 398 registered users
The newest registered user is snobbishgem54

Our users have posted a total of 9452 messages in 358 subjects

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

+6
Wayll
JC
Isley
Mr. Mister
decoy logan
Ichipoo
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Empty Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Post by Ichipoo Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:43 am

]

SCAN: http://mgs.gram.pl/blog/skan3.jpg

Another PSP game that I'm hyped up for. According to the trailer and sources, it takes place 10 years after Operation Snake Eater (MGS3) and 4 years afte the San Hieronimo Uprising (MPO) and is considered the "missing link" in the MGS series. It also shows how Naked Snake fully accepts his Big Boss title.

The gameplay looks very interesting, up to 4 people can join in on a mission and do various actions together, and according to the recent scan, it looks like the game will have online as well. (Thank God) An English demo was just recently released. In order to play it, you need either 5.50 GEN-D3, 5.03 GEN-C (for PSP-2000s with the TA-088v3 motherboards and PSP-3000s at OFW 5.03 or below) or the recent OFW.

One of the interesting things I find is that 3 brand new Metal Gear are introduced, something Kojima hasn't done before since he usually only introduces a new Metal Gear almost every game.

This game will come out in Japan on March 18, 2010 and according to the new scan, PW will also have a limited edition PSP-3000 bundle. NA will release the game on May 25, 2010 and EU will release it on May 28, 2010.

Get hyped for METAL GEARRRRRRRRRR! Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_biggrin

Last edited by Ichipoo on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Post by decoy logan Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:48 am

If there's no option to hook up a DS3 and play Im gonna have to pass, the controls are a huge hurdle I can't seem to get over on the demo.
decoy logan
decoy logan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:17 pm

portable ops was pretty boring

but this one looks fun. Especially the multiplayer

I'll probably get this since I don't think anything else interesting is coming out at the time, but I'm not particularly excited for it

I hope we get the bundles over here since I don't have a PSP. Stuck bumming Gundam vs Gundam and Metal Slug XX off my brother's until then
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

http://hulkhoganisthegay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Isley Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Huh that's weird I could've sworn I made the PW thread awhile ago, wonder which fag deleted that >= |

Anywho, I'm still interested in the game just not as hyped anymore.
Isley
Isley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:00 pm

NEW SCREENS (63): http://www.joystiq.com/photos/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-1-21-10/

PEACE WALKER BUNDLE:

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker 29bbd3751b2500326448aba364d9bb2d

63 screens were just recently released. Looks like the Mother Base that Ramon gives to Big Boss and Kaz will eventually become the Big Shell, and wow, Huey and Amanda look more like Otacon and Meryl when in CG.

And multiplayer looks cool too, the screens show that Infrastructure/Online mode is most likely implemented in the game.

Recruiting soldiers is back, and there are different cardboard boxes in the game (lol a mini tank box)

BTW, the new Metal Gears, Pupa, Cocoon, and Chrystallis look bad-ass, although I think the design and weaponry look like their ahead of their time. I wonder, if Kojima decides to remake MG1 and 2, how is he and his team going to give those Metal Gears a brand new updated look to match the style they gave to this game's Metal Gears?
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Yeah like I said if that bundle comes over here I'm getting it.

Metal Gear selling me all of sony's hardware.

I gotta say I've been reading and looking at more about this and I'm getting pretty excited for it. and metal gear in general again

Apparently in an interview, The Boss's voice actor stated she recently did more work as her, so The Boss is probably in the game in some form.(Fuck yeah)

Just everything about this game makes it seem like a triple A title like the main entries in the series, as opposed to another PSP MGS spinoff like ac!d and Portable Ops.

and the story reminds me of the original trilogy. Just a stand alone entry loosely tied to an overarching storyline. So I think I may enjoy it as much as I did the first 3.

Now I have a game to look forward to after No More Heroes 2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_albino

Probably going to replay the other 4 games in the meantime. or maybe finish Policenauts.

BTW, the new Metal Gears, Pupa, Cocoon, and Chrystallis look bad-ass,
although I think the design and weaponry look like their ahead of their
time. I wonder, if Kojima decides to remake MG1 and 2, how is he and
his team going to give those Metal Gears a brand new updated look to
match the style they gave to this game's Metal Gears?

Everything in Metal Gear 1 and 2 got retconned to hell anyways. Those games are about as relevant as portable ops at this point.

He shouldn't remake the first metal gears. He should probably get around to making a new game after peace walker. At least I'd like to see him try something else after this
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by JC Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:01 pm

you can zoom under the girls clothes.
JC
JC

Location : Orpington, Bromley, greater London, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky way

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:18 am

JC wrote:you can zoom under the girls clothes.
Who Paz? LOL, Kojima that perv.

And is it just me, but is Kojima trying to make this game all anime Final Fantasy-ish after watching the TGS 2009 trailer? >=\
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:15 am

have

you not seen any of the other metal gear TGS trailers?
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayll Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Yeah like I said if that bundle comes over here I'm getting it.
Everything in Metal Gear 1 and 2 got retconned to hell anyways. Those games are about as relevant as portable ops at this point.

Why? Maybe I don't notice cause I didn't play MGS4 since I don't own a PS3, but I never noticed any plot hole in MGS 1 through 3 relating to MG 1 and 2.

And about the pictures that make it seem like you recruit soldiers: Does this mean we go back to the Portable Ops system? I'm really hoping we don't. I'm in the process of playing MPO right now and even though it's not a bad PSP game it doesn't feel that much like an MGS game.

Also, it looks like you design Outer Heaven (if that plant that looks like Big Shell is Outer Heaven) yourself.

Wayll

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:55 pm

I remember reading about name changes and different occurences between the game and MGS1 summary

but I think they might have changed the game to fit those in the Subsistence releases.

and some of it is spoilers for MGS4 yeah
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:55 am

http://kotaku.com/5459383/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-delayed-in-japan

This just in... Peace Walker will be delayed in Japan by over a month.

The game was originally penciled in for March 18 in Japan, but will not be released on April 29. The Western release dates will not be affected: the game will still be released on May 27 in Europe (May 28 in the UK) and on May 25 in the US.

According to Konami, the game has been delayed as additional time is needed to make final modifications so that the title meets consumer satisfaction.

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima has previously called Peace Walker a "MGS5 class" game.

Discuss...
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayll Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Ichipoo wrote:http://kotaku.com/5459383/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-delayed-in-japan

This just in... Peace Walker will be delayed in Japan by over a month.

The game was originally penciled in for March 18 in Japan, but will not be released on April 29. The Western release dates will not be affected: the game will still be released on May 27 in Europe (May 28 in the UK) and on May 25 in the US.

According to Konami, the game has been delayed as additional time is needed to make final modifications so that the title meets consumer satisfaction.

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima has previously called Peace Walker a "MGS5 class" game.

Discuss...

Just about fine with me. I can't read japanese so.

So, Ichipoo, do you know how that recruit system is gonna work? Same as MPO?

Wayll

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:15 pm

Recruiting works almost exactly like in MPO, except you don't have to drag the soldier to one of your partner's range or box which is God knows how far it is away. (And Jesus Christ dragging them took a long time, especially when you're farming for soldiers)

Anyway in PW, when you knock out the soldier you want to recruit, instead of dragging them, you attach a Fulton balloon to their unconscious body and they'll float up into the air and Miller will send in the Fulton rescue team to get them.

The pictures 14-23 on the joystiq link i posted about a week ago, are most likely the portraits of the different soldiers you recruit, and I think that's pretty cool. Smile
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vahnyamato Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Kojima likes Twilight so I'm not buying the game.

HOWEVER...

I will download it : D
Vahnyamato
Vahnyamato

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayll Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:40 am

Ichipoo wrote:Recruiting works almost exactly like in MPO, except you don't have to drag the soldier to one of your partner's range or box which is God knows how far it is away. (And Jesus Christ dragging them took a long time, especially when you're farming for soldiers)

Anyway in PW, when you knock out the soldier you want to recruit, instead of dragging them, you attach a Fulton balloon to their unconscious body and they'll float up into the air and Miller will send in the Fulton rescue team to get them.

The pictures 14-23 on the joystiq link i posted about a week ago, are most likely the portraits of the different soldiers you recruit, and I think that's pretty cool. Smile

So you do play as a bunch of random soldiers in missions? Didn't really get that vibe from the demo.

Wayll

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Vahnyamato wrote:Kojima likes Twilight so I'm not buying the game.

HOWEVER...

LOL! Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_lol

Wayll wrote:So you do play as a bunch of random soldiers in missions? Didn't really
get that vibe from the demo.
You can recruit them, but the screens show that they'll only be used to create weapons and items. Whether or not you can use them, well, we'll have to wait and see until the game comes out.
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Played the US demo today for the first time.

I actually like the controls, but that may just be because I'm playing portable ops still and they are alot more intuitive than in that game. I use shooter type so I can move and adjust my camera at the same time and I find it alot more comfortable than doing them on the same side one at a time.

Recruiting works almost exactly like in MPO, except you don't have to
drag the soldier to one of your partner's range or box which is God
knows how far it is away. (And Jesus Christ dragging them took a long
time, especially when you're farming for soldiers)

Anyway in PW,
when you knock out the soldier you want to recruit, instead of dragging
them, you attach a Fulton balloon to their unconscious body and they'll
float up into the air and Miller will send in the Fulton rescue team to
get them

What role do they play in this game?

I figured with co-op and MGS4 like level progression, they would have scrapped the whole soldier thing from the first game

If they are in at least recruiting them is less of a pain

JC wrote:you can zoom under the girls clothes.

I get this now

Too busy looking at Paz's panties to pay attention to her tragic past and how she's only 16

and Kazuhira Miller is Travis Touchdown fuck yeah

Kojima likes Twilight so I'm not buying the game.

HOWEVER...

Lol

I'm excited for this so I'll buy it. Especially if it's with that bundle.

I'll give Kojima a pass for liking Twilight since he gave me the orignal MGS trilogy

and Snatcher
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:13 pm

New gameplay trailers, and according to this link, there's going to be a new trailer each week until PW is released in Japan.

http://www.n4g.com/News-489811.aspx

My favorite one so far. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_lol

Now a 2 Man Cell video. "KYUUKYOKU KO OPU HEKI DENJIHA SHOUSHAKU GAN!" Best. part. EVER!
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:25 pm

I wonder if the game will give spoilers related to the future (MGS4),I haven't played that so I'm kinda worried,though,I will probably still play it xD.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 pm

New videos

MGS is now officially an ANIME video game franchise. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_lol

Now a boss fight with a 3 man squad. Some of the new items and weapons are amazing!
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dte4Lstbvag

New night vid

http://psp.ign.com/dor/objects/965242/metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-2/videos/mgspw_trl_assasinsstealth_33110.html

Kojima's obligatory metal gear april fools promotion

Now that's how assassins operate

also

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/03/25/famitsu_plays_peace_walker/

Famitsu impressions

This is the game I'm most excited for coming out this year. This might just turn out to be the best game in the series.

It seems when complicated new technologies aren't in the picture he can actually make a pretty amazing game.

http://twitpic.com/1cc4b4

There's going to be a launch trailer next week at the game's completion press conference. I also think the Heaven's Divide/ Paz single CD drops next week too so be on the lookout for rips.(I like both songs)

The press conference I think he also plans on revealing what the famitsu reviewer described as an "industry shaking" feature, so if you're following this game there's alot to be excited about.(Following the press releases is half the fun of metal gear games)

MGS is now officially an ANIME video game franchise.

Lol he got alot of nerd-rage from that vid. He apparently planned on having snake, miller and the soldier's working out and dancing to the rhythm but the rest of the team told him no.(Fags. that would have been amazing)

Kojima REEEEEALLY reaching out to a japanese audience with this title.

co-op gameplay(monster hunter fad)
Vocaloid (another japo fad)
PSP platform (It's Japan's next gen console)
and fucking Paz(her voice actor has had top selling singles. and they had her record one so..)

You'd think this game would just be a whoring out of the franchise but all the content and the gameplay and the story and everything about it is just pure metal gear. It's more of a sequel than MGS4 in my mind. If this is really Kojima's last time heading a metal gear game, this is really shaping up to be one hell of note to go out on.

basically I'm gay and too excited for this game and I want it to be summer already so peace walker can devour mine.
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Allen_ST wrote:I wonder if the game will give spoilers related to the future (MGS4),I haven't played that so I'm kinda worried,though,I will probably still play it xD.

I think it'll tie into 4 a bit but not really spoil anything

I think it's done like the first 3 though. Loosely connected to the overarching storyline, but the actual plot of the game itself is self contained and can be enjoyed independently of the other ones. So I'll think you'll be fine playing this before 4.

4 was the only direct sequel in the series anyways.
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen_ST Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Cool then,can't wait to play this game.
Allen_ST
Allen_ST

Back to top Go down

Post by kakashirinobito Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 am

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Icon_eek at Paz's underwear.
Kojima really knows how to make trailers.

Oh and Kojima's playing in that new video? Cool
kakashirinobito
kakashirinobito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next