Shishi-Rendan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Gucci Taschen
Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:36 pm by cangliang

» Gucci Handtaschen
Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm by cangliang

» gucci neuen Handtaschen verkaufen
Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:33 pm by cangliang

» ]Gucci Kappe
Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:06 am by cangliang

» Gucci Handtaschen 2012
Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:05 am by cangliang

» Gucci Kappen für Frauen
Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:04 am by cangliang

» Louboutin boot cheap
Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 pm by cangliang

» fashion CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes online
Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Cheap
Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 pm by cangliang

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 398 registered users
The newest registered user is snobbishgem54

Our users have posted a total of 9452 messages in 358 subjects

Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread

+28
PumpkinNaruto
Zabuza_again
garytuazon01
Sandman
X-Cash
JC
kakashirinobito
Wayll
GracefulAssassin
Kaz
Vahnyamato
Serenade
Katsu_kid
Kaizer Rose
busterbladex
Allen_ST
Ulquiorra Uchiha
Kajiba
Blackout286
Derivative
X-Axel
Ichipoo
Snydy
Einherjar
decoy logan
X-Raded
Kaiten92
Mr. Mister
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Empty Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread

Post by Mr. Mister Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Basically rather than making a bunch of specific topics for games that get like two posts, I'm making a thread to talk about gaming news, and discuss games in general.

I don't want to make a "post lists no one will ever read" thread, but to kick things off I'll post the games I'm interested in coming out in the next half year. To make what I'm saying perfectly clear, not everyone has to do this in response.

Brutal Legend
Modern Warfare 2
Bayonetta
No More Heroes 2 (Super Excited)
Super Street Fighter 4

On the fence:

Uncharted 2
Modern Warfare 2(not sure if it's my type of game, but it is pretty much the fall title to get, and probably sure win for game of the year)
Demon Souls
Left 4 Dead 2

Brutal Legend is coming out tomorrow. Zen/Nadeza and I are the only two people I'm aware on the site that are picking it up.

and a wiiware title I'm really excited about is finally about to be released

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3176422

You can play the original for free on the internet, but the 60 FPS speed and DLC is making me consider buying this and replaying.
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

http://hulkhoganisthegay.com

Back to top Go down

Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Empty Re: Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread

Post by Kaiten92 Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:58 pm

I'm looking forward to:

Bayonetta (the demo is real baddass)
Assassin's Creed II
WWE SvR 2010 (haven't had a wrasslin game in awhile)
Brutal Legend (although I'm not buying it for awhile the demo got me hooked a little. Lovin da story)

Those are the games I'm looking at but as of right now I'm using my money to buy new clothes. (I lost 22 lbs. in the beginning of the year Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_smile )
Kaiten92
Kaiten92

Back to top Go down

Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Empty Re: Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread

Post by X-Raded Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:03 am

im lookin 4ward 2 Ratchet and Clank a crack in Time, Jak and Daxter the lost frontier, and i plain on getting Mini Ninjas, Batman Arkam asylum, and call of duty modern warfare 2
X-Raded
X-Raded

http://jus-sprites.nice-forum.com/index

Back to top Go down

Post by decoy logan Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:14 am

I've been into/rediscovering Darkstalkers on GGPO lately. Shame the game hasn't gotten the facelift/revival that SF has recieved. Definitely something to take a look at.

Batman AA is a must get. If you like a MGS-esque styled game with the Batman world intertwined you should get it. In fact even if you dislike either get it.

Demon Soul's looks pretty cool but its not something I would by for full price.

Ratchet and Clank Futures 2 looks pretty interesting. Gonna buy it if I can try out the first one for a cheap price.

(>> Is Quest for Booty any good?)
decoy logan
decoy logan

Back to top Go down

Post by Einherjar Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:15 am

Tales of Destiny PS2.

And just in case anyone who still didn't play the game, Devil may cry 3.

Who here plays Melty Blood?
Einherjar
Einherjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Mister Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 am

Batman AA is a must get. If you like a MGS-esque styled game with the
Batman world intertwined you should get it. In fact even if you dislike
either get it.

I heard it's a really good batman game

but the bosses are horribad

I don't think I want to pay full price for it knowing what awaits me at the end

Last edited by Mr. Mister on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Mister
Mr. Mister

http://hulkhoganisthegay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snydy Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 am

I'll be playing all the standard fighting game fare as they come out. (T6, SSFIV etc.)

This winter though I'll probably be spending most my time on anime action with Raging Blast and NA3.

I've also all but decided on getting a Wii, I think it was Climax Heroes W that put me over the edge and made up my mind for me. Plus I really wanna play the Dragon Ball game and also new TvC.

I Also might hop on board Left 4 Dead 2, still a little disappointed I never got the first one. I've always liked zombie movies and the like so I'm not too sure why I never picked it up. Also I think subconsciously I need to give myself a reason to keep my 360.

Oh and Final Fantasy XIII, whenever the hell that comes out.
Snydy
Snydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:50 am

Einherjar wrote:Tales of Destiny PS2.

And just in case anyone who still didn't play the game, Devil may cry 3.

Who here plays Melty Blood?
Haha ToD Remake was one of the best JRPGs i spent 30+ hours on.

And hit me up on hamachi if you wanna play a few rounds of MBAC. Just make sure your mbac.exe file is version 1.03a and you have the latest version of mbcaster.

I'll make a hamachi server just for this community tommorrow, too tired lol
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Einherjar Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:11 am

I can never get hamachi to work for some reason, the lag is just so bad
I freeze every 5 second for a good second and desync all the time. Must
have been the Vista, so I only played local. I'll try to install XP and
see. I'm not that good though, the most I've done is Nanaya, and even
then I still didn't master the 623C launch completely. Getting the 2A
after 214B is just BS.

Also yeah, ToD owns. Why only 30 hours? I thought extra dungeon should
at least keep everyone busy for a good 60hour+, and Lion's route is
entertaining if you have the DC version. The awesome new features for
newgame+ like single player mode, CC extend and lower gravity just
makes you want to go back for more.
Einherjar
Einherjar

Back to top Go down

Post by X-Axel Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 pm

decoy logan wrote:I've been into/rediscovering Darkstalkers on GGPO lately. Shame the game hasn't gotten the facelift/revival that SF has recieved. Definitely something to take a look at.

Batman AA is a must get. If you like a MGS-esque styled game with the Batman world intertwined you should get it. In fact even if you dislike either get it.

Demon Soul's looks pretty cool but its not something I would by for full price.

Ratchet and Clank Futures 2 looks pretty interesting. Gonna buy it if I can try out the first one for a cheap price.

(>> Is Quest for Booty any good?)
Quest is ok, only if ur a super hyper mega ultra fan. i beat the game in 3 hours and i took my time
X-Axel
X-Axel

http://jus-sprites.nice-forum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by X-Axel Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Im already getting Tekken 6 and COD2. I plan on getting Demon soul and Ninja gaiden sig 2. Thinking about Ratchet and Clank Futures 2, WWE SvR 2010 (I also haven't had a wrasslin game in awhile), Bayonetta b/c It's made by the DMC guys,
No More Heroes 2 (YEA!!!!!!), Super Street Fighter 4. But it all depends on my mom's cash lol.
X-Axel
X-Axel

http://jus-sprites.nice-forum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Derivative Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Tatsunoko vs Capcom final two characters revealed... (although technically it was revealed weeks before).. but nonetheless here they are!

Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Tatsun10

Joe the Condor

Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Tatsun11

Zero

can't wait to get this game!

Derivative
Derivative

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:19 pm

^ i just found a new reason to get hyped for TvC (Zero)
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Einherjar Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Shit, Zero? Now I'm hyped.

Love his MMZ style Z-saber super.
Einherjar
Einherjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackout286 Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Modern Warefare 2 is going to be a fuckin monster. Though I'm also interested in MAG..256 online multiplayer..that's a huge battlefield for shooters.
Blackout286
Blackout286

Back to top Go down

Post by X-Raded Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 pm

O SHIT!? Zero!!??? thats fucking hott.. but i still want Regular Rockman or at Least X.. cuz not a big fan of rockman dash/megaman legend
X-Raded
X-Raded

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:43 pm

X-Raded wrote:O SHIT!? Zero!!??? thats fucking hott.. but i still want Regular Rockman or at Least X.. cuz not a big fan of rockman dash/megaman legend
That would be fucking badass, X and Zero in TvC.

And where the hell is my Resident Evil/Biohazard characters in TvC!? D=<
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Einherjar Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:01 pm

X on TvC = EPIC

But am I the only one to notice Zero's MMZ styled Saber? Makes me want to see a MMZ costume though...
Einherjar
Einherjar

Back to top Go down

Post by X-Raded Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm

Einherjar wrote:X on TvC = EPIC

But am I the only one to notice Zero's MMZ styled Saber? Makes me want to see a MMZ costume though...

it looks normal http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Zero_mmx.jpg
same sword is on the cover of X4, X5, and X6
X-Raded
X-Raded

Back to top Go down

Post by Einherjar Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:47 pm

I was referring to the super move he did in the end, where he transforms his Z-saber into a giant triangular sword. I thought that was supposed to be a reference to MMZ.
Einherjar
Einherjar

Back to top Go down

Post by X-Raded Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:22 pm

any 1 have any advice on some 1player psp with alot of play value... no rpg's tho.. lol
X-Raded
X-Raded

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:10 pm

X-Raded wrote:any 1 have any advice on some 1player psp with alot of play value... no rpg's tho.. lol
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce and Warriors Orochi 1 & 2 offer ALOT of play value.

oh and, WHY am I just hearing about this game just now!? Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_eek

Seriously, Dynasty Warriors 6 Special for the PSP? That's sweet, and it judging from the trailer, it looks like Koei and Omega Force did a REALLY good job on this port.

Comes out October 22 in Japan! Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_biggrin
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Einherjar Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:26 pm

I played 4, but it felt like nothing but a button masher. The game
feels like you're just raking through dummies that look like enemies
that just stand there. Maybe 6 might be different? From what I've
heard, 5 was just as much as 4 from what x-play is saying.

As for suggestions, I enjoyed Ace Combat X.
Einherjar
Einherjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ichipoo Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Einherjar wrote:I played 4, but it felt like nothing but a button masher. The game
feels like you're just raking through dummies that look like enemies
that just stand there. Maybe 6 might be different? From what I've
heard, 5 was just as much as 4 from what x-play is saying.
I don't blame you for thinking that it's nothing but a button masher, which is why the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors games get nothing but low scores almost every review.

What surprises me though is that there are people who play this game put in enough time to make accurate tier lists for each game, even for Warriors Orochi. Video Game Discussion/Recommendation Thread Icon_eek
Ichipoo
Ichipoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Einherjar Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:26 pm

That's hard to imagine, as there doesn't need to be much to go in depth
of expand on what's already there (heck, even Dissidia might be more in
depth than this). Then again, I could be wrong.

In any case, generals aside, soldiers do no nothing but stands there,
walking left to right randomly, as if it's waiting for you to hit them.
Even the sloths in DMC3 done a better job than that. No, even that 1000
heartless battle in KH2 was better.
Einherjar
Einherjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next